Monday, May 25, 2009

Let the Summer Begin!

Well the kids got out of school on Thursday. And then there was the "gotta get my work done" on Friday.... Cleaned all weekend. I have yet to get ALL the snowmen out of the house. A thorough cleaning takes a while. We've already experienced the big black ants marching through the kitchen. So I started at the mud room door and have been systematically cleaning every inch of the house, and then spraying the perimeter of each room. All that work and I'm only done with 3 rooms. I have 3 1/2 rooms left on the main floor!


This being technically day one of my minds summer calendar I have designated Mondays as "Work" day. The kids must get their chores done before any of the fun to begin. Today their job is clean the living room and fold one basket of towels. Elijah has her own clothes to put away... a job left over from the weekend. Mondays will also be NO TV / COMPUTER day. In hopes of having no distractions from their work and having some quiet book time, homework for mom and just fresh air when play time does happen. Today the kids must get their work done by 2, because we have a birthday party this afternoon... Or they stay home. It won't be an empty threat, I have the tools to do it... and I will go without them! HAHA! Aw.. the power of putting your foot down.


Well wish me luck on DAY 1!!!

No comments: