Monday, May 24, 2010

Who Me?

What do you mean, "Where have you been?"
I don't know what you are talking about! So I missed the last year. Left you hanging on with the Wild Wednesdays.... They were great!
The kids and I had a blast for the most part. We took day long trips to the wildlife reserve areas. At times the kids hated the bugs and the tall grasses. And there were even moments when I thought "I am TOTALLY unprepared if we meet a mountain lion!!" Still need to read up on that for this year. We lost the camera once at a beaver lodge. That was interesting, retracing your steps 3 times in tall grass and slew areas... It was a miracle it didn't disappear forever or end up in the water. It was close enough... But it was found. Woo Hoo.
There was a great day when we were walking and planned to picnic under the tree in the distance. The moans and groans from the kids was pathetic. "We'll get there, just keep walking." When we finally did the tree was infested with wasps! "OH OK... UM keep walking." We saw lots of great animals that day. There was a deer so close to us... We could only imagine what it was thinking seeing me with the kids both tucked up in my arms because they couldn't see over the grass. We were a 3 headed something alright!
I'm up for it again this year. Ebeni says "NO!" But I'm sure I'll win! Here are just a few highlight pics from last summer.














No comments: