Friday, May 13, 2011

Measure

I have chosen to blog about what God is saying to me lately. So. Here is a little sample of scripture that is moving me this week. Two different translations.

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." ~John 17:22-23 (NIV)

"I have given them the glory you gave me, so they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me." ~John 17:22-23 (NLT)

What a great verse to pray for, "perfect, complete unity" with fellow Christians. Why let those little things get in the way? Don't judge, forgive! Allow people to see God's love in your relationships. Right now I need this in my own life. Some days the people around me seem like the enemy and they are not! I see them as "not measuring up" to my standards. Which is totally wrong of me. I'm expecting things that are not mine to expect. We allow ourselves privilages that should not be. Who am I? Not the Judge... that's for sure... but boy do I act like it!

I am soaking in the word "measured" in my own life...

"For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
"
~Matthew 7:2-3

Ugh... it is so easy to measure others. Lord, help me to get to a place where I don't feel I need to be the one to point out that speck!